Dancing, laughing and taking too many pictures mark this time of year and the happiness that surrounds weddings. We all love the free food, free booze and hopefully not getting stuck at a table where you don’t know anyone. I have a few tips to share on ways to make it through, while not straining your time, money and fashion.
- Coupons: Most couples are registered at either Bed Bath & Beyond, Target or Crate & Barrel. Utilize their gift card options or get on their mailing lists for coupons. Sometimes, these companies offer a discount just for buying something off a registry. Either way, shop around, search the internet and ask store employees for any hidden discounts. I am sure you are attending more than one wedding this season, if not this year and the cost will add up.
- Dess and accessories: Respect the couples wishes on their attire information. If the wedding is formal, wear a gown – if not, find a classic cocktail dress. Instead of splurging on one dress for one wedding, find something that can be worked in different ways so you can use it again for another occasion. Different jewelry, shoes, bag, or hairstyle can change a dress and make it look like another fantastic outfit.
- Open Bar: Two of the best words in our world. I love to indulge just like everyone but know your limits. I’ve been the victim of this before in my life and am speaking from experience. Maintain yourself while having a good time with limits.
- Destination Weddings: If you are fortunate enough to go, turn the trip into a mini vacation. There are numerous places that provide cost effective packages that include air fare. Try something new while there too. Stretch your limits and wings; you won’t regret it.
- Remember to have fun: This is the most important aspect to keep in mind. Whether you are surrounded by extended family, friends or new potential friends, make the most of the event, smile and enjoy.