What are you stocking up on this Fall ?
Instead of flooding your feed with Do’s & Don’t’s that may or may not work for the next 6 months, I invite you not hold on so tightly to trends. If you want to try it, do it.
- I wear white all year round.
- I wear bright colors all year round because I love it.
- I hate brown clothes.
- Button up shirts are my enemy.
- I hate how hard it is to find a well fitted turtleneck sweater.
Stores that I often shop in:
- Burlington Coat Factory: I put them first because you really can find many complete outfits at great prices here. I love this store and have to have such restraint on going. Whether you are plus sized or straight size, they have great stuff that is on trend and affordable.
- Target: Target is very hit or miss. Lately it has been a miss but for you plus sized ladies out there, hit their maternity section on a sale. You can get nice stuff that is usually a longer length and tends to fit better. Their maxi dresses are my favorite because they are long enough.
- Walmart: Believe it or not, some of their plus stuff fits well and is priced well.
- Forever21: This store is great for more unique items to spice your every day up, plus their jewelry is insanely cheap.
- Nordstrom: They actually have a great plus size section that is made with better material and a better quality than other stores. If you are going to pay a lot for something, you may as well get the best quality you can.
Stores that I am beginning to love:
- H&M: If the price is right, I will start buying more from them.
- ASOS: They have such cute stuff! I was recently turned on to them too. This is why it’s so important to share what you know. There are so many hidden gems out there.
Stores that I can’t stand anymore:
- Lane Bryant: Their clothes are way over priced, the material is cheap and the fit is horrible on a plus sized figure. Their models are usually a size 10-12 at the most and they pin the clothes back on the girls so it looks fitted. Don’t waste your time and money.
- Ashley Stewart: Same goes for them. I don’t understand why they are raising their prices. Have you seen or felt their material? Yuck!
Break out of the norm, hit up a thrift store – be unique and be happy.
2 thoughts on “Basics & Boots”
Check out the resale shops, too! I’m not kidding, I have found some great stuff!! In fact, I did a post about it this week. You wouldn’t believe the great stuff people get rid of. Look for resale shops in upscale towns for the best stuff. 🙂 Happy shopping!
Great suggestion! Thank-you!