Online shopping can be fun and exhausting at the same time. We start with one idea with a quick dot com attached and then we’re down a 2 hour rabbit hole with no end in sight. I like the List feature on Amazon a lot. It helps collect ideas that you can save for later and share with others.
Money Mondays – The Blackest of Fridays
I know for a lot of families, they plan ahead of shopping routes, stores sales, whose car can hold the most stuff, and which big ticket item they are buying this year months before Black Friday is even a thought in most of our minds. I’m not even kidding when I say they map routes. I have known people throughout the years that would literally map out their routes and hand out copies to family members to score the best deal on that majestic Friday. I think military strategists could take a lesson or five from them. I know for some families, they have the tradition of getting up early and going shopping on Friday, or just enjoy the thrill of the hunt; not so much the long lines, possible fighting, and waking up hungover from booze and turkey filled stomachs. Is there really any advantage of all the effort shopping and planning? I think years ago it was beneficial to shop that day to save money, but with the way things are now, most companies offer better sales all through the year, especially after big marker holidays.
Basics & Boots
What are you stocking up on this Fall ?
Instead of flooding your feed with Do’s & Don’t’s that may or may not work for the next 6 months, I invite you not hold on so tightly to trends. If you want to try it, do it.
- I wear white all year round.
- I wear bright colors all year round because I love it.
- I hate brown clothes.
- Button up shirts are my enemy.
- I hate how hard it is to find a well fitted turtleneck sweater.
Stores that I often shop in:
- Burlington Coat Factory: I put them first because you really can find many complete outfits at great prices here. I love this store and have to have such restraint on going. Whether you are plus sized or straight size, they have great stuff that is on trend and affordable.
- Target: Target is very hit or miss. Lately it has been a miss but for you plus sized ladies out there, hit their maternity section on a sale. You can get nice stuff that is usually a longer length and tends to fit better. Their maxi dresses are my favorite because they are long enough.
- Walmart: Believe it or not, some of their plus stuff fits well and is priced well.
- Forever21: This store is great for more unique items to spice your every day up, plus their jewelry is insanely cheap.
- Nordstrom: They actually have a great plus size section that is made with better material and a better quality than other stores. If you are going to pay a lot for something, you may as well get the best quality you can.
Stores that I am beginning to love:
- H&M: If the price is right, I will start buying more from them.
- ASOS: They have such cute stuff! I was recently turned on to them too. This is why it’s so important to share what you know. There are so many hidden gems out there.
Stores that I can’t stand anymore:
- Lane Bryant: Their clothes are way over priced, the material is cheap and the fit is horrible on a plus sized figure. Their models are usually a size 10-12 at the most and they pin the clothes back on the girls so it looks fitted. Don’t waste your time and money.
- Ashley Stewart: Same goes for them. I don’t understand why they are raising their prices. Have you seen or felt their material? Yuck!
Break out of the norm, hit up a thrift store – be unique and be happy.