I received the sample in the mail of Eucerin’s Professional Repair lotion. It’s marked for extremely dry skin, so I used my tiny sample on my elbows and what was left on my heels. I did not find that it lived up to its name. My skin on both areas was not any more repaired than when I use my Target store brand lotion that is geared toward dry skin.
The Eucerin product retails around $7 in both powerhouses of Target and Walmart for 6.8 fl oz. That is just crazy really. It’s not gold, it’s lotion. My 32 fl oz bottle of lotion retails around $6, and I get it from Target. I won’t be making a switch any time soon. I found something that works great for my winter dry skin.
What are you using that works for your skin?
I know I have spent many hours debating on which brand to buy, which is actually worth its price, and if it really removes all the makeup as it claims. There are different kinds of makeup remover to use. Some will remove all of your makeup and some specify that it is only used to remove eye makeup. We all know that it never really removes everything and you may end up with raccoon eyes before you have to wash, and in some cases scrub the stuff off your face. We’ve all been there and done it. I have to share with you a trick I discovered recently.
I’m a Mom so baby wipes are a huge part of my life. One night, I didn’t want to use my usual makeup remover because it tends to sting my eyes. I figured I’d use a baby wipe because it was there in the bathroom. I have to say it wiped everything off easily and without irritating my eyes or skin. When I say everything, I mean, foundation, eyeshadow, eye liner and some mascara. It doesn’t dry out my skin either or cause any kind of reaction. I still had to use a much smaller amount of my makeup remover on my lashes to get the rest of the mascara when I washed my face but since using less, it helped save my skin and eyes. It’s definitely worth a shot and is cheaper than most makeup remover brands.
The baby wipe brand I buy is Target’s store brand unscented wipes. I use Avon’s makeup remover. I only buy it when they are having a sale on the product. It’s not worth the hefty price tag they put on it. It’s not too effective and gets into your eyes easily, no matter how careful you are with it. As soon as you do remove your makeup, wash your face with a light cleanser. I usually use baby body wash because it works very well and doesn’t irritate my skin.
What is your favorite way to remove your makeup?
Dancing, laughing and taking too many pictures mark this time of year and the happiness that surrounds weddings. We all love the free food, free booze and hopefully not getting stuck at a table where you don’t know anyone. I have a few tips to share on ways to make it through, while not straining your time, money and fashion.
- Coupons: Most couples are registered at either Bed Bath & Beyond, Target or Crate & Barrel. Utilize their gift card options or get on their mailing lists for coupons. Sometimes, these companies offer a discount just for buying something off a registry. Either way, shop around, search the internet and ask store employees for any hidden discounts. I am sure you are attending more than one wedding this season, if not this year and the cost will add up.
- Dess and accessories: Respect the couples wishes on their attire information. If the wedding is formal, wear a gown – if not, find a classic cocktail dress. Instead of splurging on one dress for one wedding, find something that can be worked in different ways so you can use it again for another occasion. Different jewelry, shoes, bag, or hairstyle can change a dress and make it look like another fantastic outfit.
- Open Bar: Two of the best words in our world. I love to indulge just like everyone but know your limits. I’ve been the victim of this before in my life and am speaking from experience. Maintain yourself while having a good time with limits.
- Destination Weddings: If you are fortunate enough to go, turn the trip into a mini vacation. There are numerous places that provide cost effective packages that include air fare. Try something new while there too. Stretch your limits and wings; you won’t regret it.
- Remember to have fun: This is the most important aspect to keep in mind. Whether you are surrounded by extended family, friends or new potential friends, make the most of the event, smile and enjoy.
I recently bought Maybelline’s new mascara product titled, “Rocket Volum’ Express.” I feel the need to add some sound effects since next to the R is a rocket style flame. How cheeky, right ?
I can’t say it worked any better than their other products really. It goes on smooth, but it took me a while to get every lash coated. It’s noticeable in public though. I had a few people mention my lashes saying it was noticeable, but not that they thought it was any different than before using other brands. It goes to show you that a lot of these mascaras do the same thing and look nice, but for the price? I’m not sure. I usually buy Maybelline but I’ll stick with a cheaper option next time. This was on sale at Target for under $6 this week. Give it a shot if you are feeling brave.
Until next time!